How my husband gets his dissertation finished:
First have many things in your life happen all at once. Move countries get married, and have family pass-away. (don’t make the last one happen)
Then ask for an extension.
Wait until the last week to start your 16,000 word dissertation. Ask friends and family to read it and ask questions.
Only do work on the paper at night until the sun comes up.
Finish it on the last night.
Ok, that was my week last week. I would sleep in late. Stay up late; I wouldn’t stay awake all night like Danny. I make breakfast around noon-3pm encourage Danny to wake up and do more than just his paper. I really like staying at home during the holidays. Swimming everyday if we can. I am so happy we aren’t traveling this entire holiday; Saying that, we are going to Hong Kong tomorrow.
We will be doing a bit of traveling while we are in Hong Kong. It was decided, when Danny and I were dating that, I am in charge of packing for holidays. This way nothing gets blamed on the other; where are the passports? I thought you had them!! No, that doesn’t happen. I pack and have been learning as we go what is important to pack for Danny and myself.
Top 10 list of things to pack for my husband:
- Enough underwear for 2 pairs a day.
- Socks!!! unless we are only walking in flip flops for the holiday. Even then at least 2 pairs.
- Flight booking number or other transportation arranged. Like the address of where we are going and how to get there.
- toiletries: tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant, spare contacts and glasses.
- Make sure all clothing can fit into one bag because Danny likes to travel light.
- Have the house clean before we leave; So we come back to a clean house.
- When packing, make sure I have the correct type of clothing and enough clothes for the trip. Bathing suit, shorts, shirts,(socks and underwear).
- Get cash for transportation and make sure we have the correct credit cards with us for the trip.
- On the way out the door make sure the bag and my purse(handbag) is ready and at the door for departure.
- and!!! make sure we leave with enough time to be early and on time!
My list for travel:
Do above plus get camera ready for holiday. charged batteries and empty SD cards.
And now I must go finish getting ready for our trip tomorrow.
Leave a Reply